Do you ever get to the point where you're so bone tired and burnt out that you find it near impossible to motivate yourself to do anything? That's where I'm at right now. We have two "probable" cases of swine flu in my school district, so I'm hoping that just maybe we'll close down for a few days. Plus, a lot of the kids are sick with some kind of flu, and are already missing a lot. It would do all of us good to get some rest. However, my hope is that kind I had as a kid when I wanted snow for Christmas. There's that persistent longing, but a realization that I live in Texas, and snow simply isn't even an annual occurrence. Lé sigh. I'm ready to be in England! :)
I had a fantastic weekend in Waco though! My main intention was seeing the final Baylor Theatre production of the year- Blood Wedding. I drove down right after school on Friday and dinner with Mama and Papa and then drove to campus to get some coffee at Common Grounds. I swung by the theatre first to see if the box office was open but ended up running into a bunch of theatre friends and old professors.
Saturday, I went shopping with Mama and bought new jeans and polished off birthday shopping. For dinner, I met up with Amanda, Zack G, Kirstin, Shelly, Lindsay, Zach K, Brittney, and Joey at Johnny Carino's. Yuuuummmm! I'm sure we amused the tables around us with our bantering, singing, and laughing...at least I hope it was amusement :) Zack also managed to eat about 4 loaves of bread entirely by himself! Later that night, I went to the final G-Troupe comedy show of the semester. I have never laughed so hard as when Graham became Napoleon telling us about his summer camp at Elba Island. Wow. Afterward, I went out for a late-night drink and snack with some of the G-troupers and stayed up way too late. Ahh how I miss college days!
Today I went to brunch with my old roommates, Amanda and Kirstin (I did a lot of eating on this trip...). It was wonderful to catch up with them! They were the best roommates- we spent many hours baking cookies and watching Arrested Development! I hurried home and did a few loads of laundry before packing up and heading back to the theatre for Blood Wedding. It was pretty good! Some of the acting was extremely impressive, and I enjoyed the flamenco dancing. Once the show was over, I met up with Jordan for a quick last cup of coffee at Common Grounds and then hit the road!
I'm looking forward to the time when I have these kinds of friendships in Dallas too. It takes time! Now back to the daily grind. 4 weeks to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're ready for you to be in England, too! We would have loved to join you in Waco, though. Ah, snow...
I lament the demise of Arrested Development.
Post a Comment