Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For British Eyes Only

This past weekend was amazing. Who knew that one extra day off could make such a difference?

Friday, I trekked back to Waco once more to take care of some payroll issues. I ran a few leisurely errands and ended up picking out a painting I've been coveting a while for my bedroom, as well as a real grown-up hamper. Baylor graduation was over, so I had surprisingly few friends left in town! I finally ended up at my old Starbucks with a former co-worker named James who is now working as a flight instructor. We chatted it up, reminisced, and graded papers. I had such awesome co-workers at that store and still keep up with a good handful. It's crazy though guys- our old manager put in her 2 weeks notice last week, so in the year since I work at the 'bucks, the store has had complete turnover! Whoa.

The next morning I took care of my banking stuff and headed back to Dallas. I finally finally finally started cleaning my apartment and putting stuff away. It's beginning to look quite homey, if I do say so myself :) I need to order some photos to put in frames and maybe get some wall art, but it'll come in time.

Sunday I went to FBC Irving again and enjoyed Sunday School and the service. My first impression still holds- an altogether warm, and growing church! :) After doing more grading, I drove to Waxahacie..however you spell it...for the best part of the weekend: The Renaissance Festival! I met up with a group of theatre chums and reveled in the glorious nerdiness of sellers wearing pumpkin pants and pantaloons, hawking their wares in the worst of British accents! We watched a live chess match where chess men had to actually fight to the death, the Doktor Kaboom exploding science show, jousting, some crown and cup shopping, and finally (after the rain) a mud sliding contest between slightly tipsy attendees. I tried on a very nice tooled leather corset that I was very tempted to buy...maybe next year!



Monday was a nice lazy day spent half-heartedly cleaning, whole-heartedly napping, and watching a movie.

5 days of school left (including finals)! Heck yes!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Is today your last day of school?! YAY!

I am cracking up at the live chess game.