When I was a kid in school, I remember the last few days of school were simply the doorway to summer. Paper-thin, they were weak barriers that made those first days of freedom all the sweeter. Now, on the teacher side of things, they're the final hill of a marathon. Lungs burning, calves tightening, I'm stinkin' gonna make it up this freakin' hill to the finish line!!
:)
Seriously though, the students are going nuts! Every teacher I've talked to is tiredly shaking their head by the end of the day, trying to begin reviews for finals or get in that last new lesson. I decided to take it easy this week and show a movie. However, they'll find out on Friday that I secretly planted a makeup review in their question sheet over the movie. Mwahaha.
Next week, I"m planning on a few days studying theatre history. We'll see how that goes! :P I'm a bit nervous about lecturing... I think I"ll throw in a few class play readings to change it up.
In other news, I went home last week for Mother's Day! It was lovely. I was only in Waco for a day, but I got to hang out with Jordan and Chris and go out to brunch with Mama and Papa.
16 days of school left, 3 1/2 weeks until England!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmm, brunch. I love brunch.
Post a Comment