Sunday, December 14, 2008

There and Back Again

Alrighty, this is it kids. I'll be leaving the St. George at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Lots and lots of butterflies! New York City has been wonderful.

Today I did my final Christmas shopping at the Union Square Christmas market. It was packed!

I found some wonderful (and unique!) gifts though :)

Going home to drop off my purchases, I decided to walk back to the apartment from Burough Hall (only 5 blocks or so). Brooklyn Heights is a beautiful area no matter what season. However, I must admit that Christmas suits it quite well.


Erica, Roberta, Bethany, and I are the last ones still here from the Baylor group. We decided to celebrate our last meal together and eat at Koi in the Bryant Park hotel. It was extremely nice and well worth the more expensive price. Afterward, we went through the park for photo ops.

Unlike the Rockefeller tree, you can get right up to the Bryant Park one! Lovely!


Ice skating! Unfortunately, I never got around to going. However, you can see just how packed the rink is right now!


I love Bryant Park!

So ends my New York City experience for now. I'm excited to see my family, drive my car, and have access to good Mexican food again. However, as tough as my internship was at times, and as burnt out as I got from working full-time and taking classes, I don't regretcoming here. New York City turned into home and I will miss it.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

wait so it was Koi that you went to? Very nice! And I love those pics. I'll have to explore Brooklyn Heights next time I'm up there.