Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let me introduce my new boyfriend, Mac.

Yesterday was my last day at work, so I celebrated my going out and buying a new MacBook afterward! :) I went to the big glass Apple Store on 5th Avenue which cram-packed with holiday shoppers. The store is amazing though- there were long tables filled with people taking a photoshop tutorial from a MacGenius, dozens test-driving the new MacBook and MacBook pro, and of course many more looking at ipods, iphones, printers, etc. It is MacHeaven. Anyway, I went over the the Concierge who signed me in for my appointment. That's right- you can make an appointment to have a one-on-one session with an Apple Employee who's working up to be a MacGenius. My guy was quite nice and showed me the different features of the MacBook and seriously discussed the benefits of it over the MacBook white. He had just bought his own new MacBook last week and thus had no problem convincing me. At this point, it helped that my friend Ayan from work showed up and soothed any qualms I had by his awe of the metallic sleekness of the product...My Apple Employee helped me install Microsoft Word, gave me his business card, and off I went! It's quite nice- miles faster, sleeker, and much more durable than my PowerBook. Yup- I'm in love :)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Mac stores are really nice and they generally have really knowledgeable staff. I've enjoyed all my appointments there! Sure beats trying to hunt down a free customer rep.