Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It is high time for an update!

I had a terrific trip home this weekend for Megan's wedding. I got in on Friday around 11am and was out running errands by 1. I did some shopping and then stopped by the theatre. That was probably the best part of my trip besides the wedding. I got so many hugs! The new seniors seem to be doing wonderfully and my professors were delighted to see me and asked about the program. I mentioned graduate school to Totie-B and she's wiling to help me with my applications. Anyway, afterward I went to the rehearsal which went quite smoothly. We had dinner afterward at Baris, but by that time I was completely zonked with exhaustion. However, after dinning I swung by the theatre and saw part of their musical Urinetown. I ended up being very glad I did, because it is extremely good. The design are very well constructed, the staging and choreography are great, and the cast could not be better. Well done.

The next morning, I woke up early and went to brunch with some work friends. It was nice catching up with all of them and getting some good home cookin' at Cracker Barrel. Eggs in a basket are divine. Then I went and ran yet more errands before showing up at the zoo to get my hair done around 1.

All of the bridesmaids and Megan just chilled out, chatted, and got ready at our leisure. Megan looked totally gorgeous in her gown and the bridesmaids dresses turned out really well. They were a warm chocolate brown, cocktail length, with bronze beading. The ceremony itself took place on one of the decks at the zoo. There was a lagoon area below with a waterfall in the background and trees hanging over. It was quite pretty.

The reception was at Red Man hall and was lots of fun. There was barbeque, margaritas, and dancing. I left around 11 to go home and pack up to go back to NY!

I think this was the first time I went home on a trip...an odd experience. It was wonderful seeing so many friends though, and I'm delighted that Megan is so happy with JD :)

No comments: