Whoops! Apparently my blog wasn't allowing non-bloggers to post. Hopefully, I just fixed that problem :)
Anyway, the past few days have been fantastic!
Yesterday, I went to church at Redeemer and thoroughly enjoyed the pastor's talk on the Benediction. The people seemed quite friendly and there were many my age.
I spent most of the day reading and running errands. There's a kick-butt used bookstore across the street from a Starbucks not three blocks from me! I picked up a Paula Vogel play and some Chekov for only $4! For both!
Later in the evening, Artie and I were both bored but couldn't think of anything to do before bed. So, we ended up knocking on Chris's door and running away. After our second attempt at annoying him, he came out after us. We ended up talking in the hall for a bit with some other Baylor peeps when somehow yodeling came up. Chris entranced us all with a short display of said talent, complete with jumping and leg slapping. See, Chris is Austrian and it seems he has many odd and random talents including cow tipping, he informs us. We've been joking that Chris is a bad "father" to us because he's not at the dorm with us very often. To make up for this, Chris plunged into his room saying that "daddy was going to reward his kids" and came out moments later singing and dancing and playing an accordion! He serenaded us for 20 minutes or so while heads kept popping out of doors all the way down the hallway to see what the commotion was about. That was definitely the funniest moment yet on the trip!
Today was a normal, busy day at work. I learned about certified mail and return receipts and spent a good deal of time calling Verizon to come fix our phone lines. After work though, Meredith gave me a call because she was temping just down the street! We met up and went back to Brooklyn where I showed her my apartment, went to an awesome burger place, and then went and chatted at the promenade. I love that girl- it's helped so much having her and Artie around. Just plain good friends I feel completely comfortable around :)
Alrighty, time for homework and bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to meet Chris.
So I just read this post and then went to a facebook picture a friend had been tagged in...I click a couple pictures through the album, and I see said RA with accordion...how random lol.
Post a Comment