Hey gang! I'm back from my school-is-crazy-leaving-me-no-time holiday, and am back in the real cyber world once more. The past month and a half has been good, bad, and excellent!
Primarily, I've decided that I love teaching middle school theatre. My 6th grade classes never fail to be amusing, and my two 7th and 8th grade classes are sometimes entertaining and sometimes extremely reminiscent of my more resentful 9th grade classes from last year. Yes, there is still way too much paperwork and way too many things to juggle and keep track of, but all-in-all, I still love my subject and I already love my kids.
One thing I'm having to get used to though, is the crying...
Yes, I've now made a child cry.
But, more frequently, I have to deal with tears having to do with a) another class/teacher b)some random kid in the hallway or c) I never find out because they can't choke it out.
Example:
Kid: **Chokes on sobs with tears running down face** Tugs my blouse and look up with pooling, pleading eyes
Me: Are you okay? What's wrong?
Kid: **hyperventilating hiccups in attempt to speak**
Me: Alright, well I can't understand you right now. Do you want to go get a drink of water?
Kid: **Shakily nods head as lower lip begins to tremble**
Me: Be back in 2 minutes. Go to the bathroom and wash your face if you need to.
Kid: voice cracks "Thanks Ms. B"
This happens at least once a day.
Oooh I also got an amazing card from one of my students- I'll have to post a picture soon! Until then, my solitary audience, be well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You definitely should write a book! It's amazing how you forget just how emotional those years were. Or should I say, it's amazing how we block those years out? :D
What in the world?!
I don't make them do it...usually. They just get overwrought.
More, please!
Post a Comment