Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Pre-Christmas Confession

A Pre-Christmas Confession

Though the weather is warm and humid,
and I’m feeling a trifle stupid,
grading papers and journals,
and projects infernal
I’m hearing the footsteps of Cupid…

It may seem idiotic insane,
I’m likely going soft in the brain,
but Dasher and Dancer,
and wussy ol’ Prancer,
are waltzing with striped candy cane!!

I may need a seer or wise prophet
to exorcise Blitzen and Comet..
but berries, holly,
and laughter so jolly,
are on holiday sale at Target.

The turkey has not even been cooked,
but my tree has found a warm nook,
'cause only 6 weeks
(this stanza, it reeks)
then Matthew and Em fly from Pembroke!

Despite my seasonal delusions,
I now come to my sweet conclusion:
I miss all of you,
even Katie so "ew",
and am sending love (not confusion).

1 comment:

Emily Benesh said...

You. Are. Hilarious! I love the bit about Target. :P