Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello again everyone!
Well, I'm sitting in my teacher-cardigan glory at the local Starbucks, drinking a chai tea and grading grading grading. Fortunately, I'm grading journal entries, which are almost always amusing. I love asking my students random questions like where they would travel if the could go anywhere right now, what they would wish for if they had one wish (and no wishing for more wishes), etc. One student kindly added at the end that he would wish for "the teacher to chill out a bit." :) Honestly, teaching is a bit tougher than I thought! The hardest thing to get used to is being a disciplinarian. I should probably be even harsher than I have been, but I'm frankly tired of giving detentions and writing people up. Why can't the kids just be quiet and nice?! I'll be grateful when I'm done with getting to know all the different policies, have all the paperwork finished, and just concentrate on lesson plans and actual teaching. That'll be nice.
I'm thoroughly enjoying living with the Maletics. They've been extremely hospitable and made me feel like part of the family. Plus, Mrs. Maletic has been giving me priceless teaching advice and been a willing listener to my daily horror stories.
I'm 90% sure that I'll be moving to that apartment during Spring Break, so I've been enjoying looking through craigslist and shopping for a bed and couch. Oh! and here's the bedding I'm thinking about buying as well:

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I. Love. That. Bedding.

Also, I would appreciate some more funny stuff that your kids write.

Even better, maybe you could do a weekly post with the craziest/funniest thing that happened each day, or the craziest thing that happened all week or something.