
So I was in a movie called Soronia last night/this morning! I don't think I signed any disclosure agreements...plus I don't know a whole lot about what's going on anyway, so I doubt I'll say anything to indiscreet ;) Here's what happened:
12:00 am (midnight)
I arrive for filming at Katie's Custard early. The Background Key (I think that was his title?) arrives with lots and lots of paperwork. He looks quite nice and I ask him if he needs any help unpacking, as I'm the only other person there for the movie. He says no, but sits down next to me and we chat a bit.
12:30 am
Check-in begins for all background talent (the nice term for extras). It turns out that I'm in the next scene at the Starplex movie theatre, which is possibly canceled (uh-oh!). I see a girl named Danielle who was a freshman when I was a senior in Baylor Theatre. She's a production assistant on the film and is helping out the Background Key. I chat with her and she walkie talkies Thomas Ward that I'm here. Thomas was one of my theatre professors, is the screenwriter for Soronia and also plays a bartender.
1:00 am
Thomas comes over from the base camp a few blocks away, and we chat and catch up. He tells me stories about Tony Hale (who wrapped up his shooting a day or two ago). Nice Background Key man says that the Starplex movie theatre scene is officially canceled and begins sending extras home.
1:30 am
The executive producer's daughter and I are the only extras listed for the movie theatre scene that are allowed to remain and appear in the Katie's Custard Scene. Rock on! Thanks for getting my back, Thomas! I begin filling out paperwork and talk to a girl about my age named Aubrey, who's also an extra. The crew sets everything up- lighting equipment, sound, and camera. Main actors arrive (including Amy Acker.)
2:00am
Shooting begins. Director lines us all up and begins picking us out and arranging us all in groups. I feel like a puppy in the window of a puppy shop. Victory! Aubrey and I are picked to stand in line for ice cream. We decide to play best friends who are meeting up for ice cream (we're both trained theatre geeks and joke about using Stanislavsky's Method in the scene). Everyone rehearses blocking. I actually receive a real strawberry milkshake. I think this is awesome...(**foreshadowing**)
2:30am
Still shooting first angle. Milkshake is rapidly melting. Aubrey and I have sweet blocking that allows us to walk by the table with the leads. My torso is totally in the movie. Yes!
3:00am
Move to second angle. Milkshake is a small island of icecream surrounded by a vast pink sea. Idiot Wacoans keep driving the "valley" and hooting at us.
4:00 am
Am begining to get delirious as we move to the third angle. I'm not in this one, but am pulled to do a "walk by" so the custard place looks busy. Milkshake is lukewarm pink water.
5:00 am
All extras are completely giggly and delirious due to half only eating ice cream for the past 5 hours, and the other half drinking only Big Red (that's what the filled the styrofoam cups with). I have now (at least temporarily) lost all love for strawberry icecream. Continue chatting with Danielle and Aubrey.
5:30 am
At last! Shooting the final angle, which I'm briefly pulled for another walk-by for, because I'm semi-tall.
6:00am
That's a wrap! I sign out and receive my first pay voucher. I sleepily drive home and crash.
2 comments:
Wow! You're famous!
That sounds like a lot of fun. :)
O. M. G!
Post a Comment