"NEW YORK - A highly contagious stomach flu is circulating through New York City.
The Health Department has issued a statement reporting that visits to the city's hospital emergency rooms have increased by 19 percent over the past two weeks, to about 400 a day.
The stomach flu is caused by a norovirus infection that is prevalent in late fall and winter. Health officials say the good news is that norovirus infections are usually not serious and most people recover within a few days. "
Well, dear readers, this makes me an official New Yorker! I came home an hour early from work yesterday and was the sickest I've been since elementary school :P Fortunately, I have lovely friends- Artie brought me soda and Lauren brought me crackers and medicine. I'm feeling a lot perkier this morning but am planning on staying in and napping or reading. At least I'm getting it now and not right before Thanksgiving though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! I'm so sorry!
We got your card today, and it totally made us laugh. I can see why you were afraid after you sent it, but we just laughed!
Post a Comment